Release from Self-condemnation

Devotions for those who are weary of feeling not good enough, regardless of the source of those feelings.

Monday, May 1, 2017

Thoughts From Day 10

The cares of this world distract us from the Giver to the pursuit of His gifts, and we fall into the same traps that have ensnared us so many times before...It is vital to keep our hearts focused upon Jesus, because “In their hearts humans plan their course…” (Proverbs 16:9). We plan our days according to the motivation of our hearts. 


Day 10 speaks of using our Holy Spirit led imaginations to envision how Christ is interacting with us; how He would direct us, what He would speak to us today.  

I don't let my imagination go in this way until I've read my Bible, praised, and prayed for guidance and direction.  Otherwise my own thoughts, emotions, and even the enemy's fear-poisoned whispers can send me down a rabbit trail. But when tempered by the discipline of prayer and grounded in the truth of Scripture, our Holy Spirit led imaginations are the closest thing we have to being able to "see" spiritual truth.  

Today I am very tired.  I imagined the Lord Jesus placing healing hands on me and praying for ministering angels to come to me.  My conclusion from this is that the Lord intends me healing and restoration.  I prayed to obey Him in my eating habits so that I don't block His good intentions toward me...but even as I write these words I know that not even my poor food choices can block the Lord's ability to heal and restore.  We aren't to continue in sin so that grace may abound, but we have to remember that the Lord's power to heal and restore trumps even our sin.  

Here's a link to Chris Tomlin's Everlasting God (<-- click on the song title)--"Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord!"  

Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;
 but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:30-31


No comments:

Post a Comment