Release from Self-condemnation

Devotions for those who are weary of feeling not good enough, regardless of the source of those feelings.

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Come As You Are

From Day 35:

Jesus loves us just as we are. 

He doesn’t have a list of things we must do before we can be acceptable to Him. 

He loves us and invites us to love Him in return. 

It is in loving our Lord 

and being loved by Him 

that we find hope of healing from the despair of sin.  

Pray: Lord forgive me for giving way to despair when You are my hope. Forgive me for crying out in anger over how I’ve been hurt rather than coming to You for healing. I pray with the Psalmist, “Do not cast me from Your presence or take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me” (Psalm 51:11-12 NIV). In Jesus Name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment