Release from Self-condemnation

Devotions for those who are weary of feeling not good enough, regardless of the source of those feelings.

Friday, August 18, 2017

Keep on hoping...keep on believing...keep on hoping...keep on believing...

He holds you firmly in place;
He will not let you fall.
    He who keeps you will never take His eyes off you…
Psalm 121:3 The Voice

~~~

Dear Lord, 

some days it is hard for me 

to keep on hoping and believing 

that my present uncertain circumstances

 will work out in a way I can endure.

 But then I remember that no one 

(not even me)

can block Your good promises. 

Help me to keep on trying and hoping. 

Strengthen me and teach me Your good ways. 

Please keep me alert, 

and in Your perfect timing 

help me to walk through the door to freedom

 from the burden of sin I’ve carried for too long. 

In Jesus’ Name I pray, amen.

~~~

Blessed are you, Israel!
    Who is like you,
    a people saved by the Lord?
He is your shield and helper
    and your glorious sword.
Your enemies will cower before you,
    and you will tread on their heights.
Deuteronomy 33:27-29 NIV

--from day 61

No comments:

Post a Comment