Release from Self-condemnation

Devotions for those who are weary of feeling not good enough, regardless of the source of those feelings.

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Release, Forgive, Love

Father I release those 

You bring to my mind right now 

from the responsibility to meet my needs. 

I lift to You those who have hurt and failed me. 

Forgive me the cruelties I’ve committed 

as I’ve become insensitive to their suffering. 

Help me exhibit Your nurturing love to those I have resented, 

so I may be prospered in my work and nothing will block my prayers. 

I trust You to meet my needs. 

Teach me to appropriate Your strength 

at my point of need.

 In Jesus’ name, amen.  

~~~

Is not this the fast that I choose:
 to loose the bonds of wickedness,
to undo the straps of the yoke,
to let the oppressed go free,
and to break every yoke?
 Is it not to share your bread with the hungry
and bring the homeless poor into your house;
when you see the naked, to cover him,
 and not to hide yourself from your own flesh?
 Then shall your light break forth like the dawn,
 and your healing shall spring up speedily;
 your righteousness shall go before you;
 the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.
 Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer;
you shall cry, and he will say, ‘Here I am.’
Isaiah 58:4-9

--from day 64

No comments:

Post a Comment